Monday, August 31, 2015

Fall? Is That You?

I may have caught a glimpse of Fall yesterday morning when I took the pups for their morning walk around the pond. There was a light breeze and practically no humidity, and the sky had that Fall look about it. You know, when the angle of the sun has changed just a smidgen and the light looks different somehow than it does in the Summer sky.

It's hard to judge here on the Island about Fall. We have mostly water oaks and pine trees and it stays pretty green here year round, which means no Fall colors, which kinda sucks. I miss Fall colors.

Anyway, today that has all changed. It's 90 degrees and Mr. Humidity has taken up residence again. It's overcast and looks like we may get some rain. That's a good thing because it means we won't have to dip water from the pond for the garden. So, I guess Summer is not ready to give up quite yet. But if I were her I would keep an eye on my rear-view mirror, because I'm pretty sure Fall is sneaking in behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment