Sunday, August 30, 2015

How Does My Garden Grow?

For the past two weeks I've been after my husband to till up an area for a fall garden. Now, my poor husband has about a bazillion things on his to-do list, but this past Saturday, when I came home from my Day Job, he had tilled me up a nice big area for a garden.  I could hardly wait for Monday so Teen Daughter and I could hit the garden center for just a few plants to get us started. Only something happened when we got to the garden center. I didn't just buy a few. When I saw all those beautiful flats of vegetable plants, I may have gotten just a wee bit carried away. Let's just say that I was relieved that we could fit them all into the wayback of the Jeep. We had to fold down the back seats to do it, but they fit. To make matters worse, on our way home I realized that we had forgotten to buy kale (btw: kale is NOT a Yankee green!), so we stopped at Ace and I bought some of that too. 

Monday evening after supper, my husband and our daughter and I went out to our new garden and planted: 78 collard plants, 64 cabbages, 48 cauliflower plants, 48 broccoli, and 24 kale. THATS 262 PLANTS PEOPLE!

Yep, I would say that I got just a wee bit carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment